The Master of Science (Extension) at the University of Technology Sydney provides graduates with analytic tools and disciplinary knowledge, combined with creative, logical approaches to problem solving and professional skills that facilitate real-world application of the science such as project management, IP management and commercialisation.
It provides students with numerous opportunities by value-adding to their existing specialisations and bringing them up to speed on knowledge and technologies, or by expanding into different majors of interest to acquire professional and management skills.
Career options vary according to the major chosen, but all graduates have training in the professional attributes that employers seek. The skills learnt expand career horizons and enhance prospects for promotion in the rapidly evolving science professions. Graduates in all majors may also proceed to a career in research by transferring into the Master of Science (Honours) (C04267) as a pathway to a PhD.
- Graduates of the Biomedical Engineering major are well prepared for careers in medical device and biotechnology companies, government policy and regulation, hospitals, and research organisations where the ability to combine biology and engineering knowledge and skills is required.
- Graduates of the Marine Science and Management major can pursue careers worldwide in private and public agencies, or as private consultants in fields such as policy and conservation, fisheries, environmental sustainability and management, impact assessment, tourism, and education.
- Graduates of the Mathematical and Statistical Modelling major may expect to apply their logistic, statistical and modelling skills in careers in a wide range of diverse organisations and industries, including banking and finance, health, information technology, and market research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear Algebra
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Commercialisation
- Advanced Calculus
- Simulation Modelling
- Statistics for Quantitative Finance
- Quantitative Management Practice
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Programming for Data Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMathematics Natural Sciences View 43 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
- Visa requirement: To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International873 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 873 AUD per credit during 24 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.