At the end of the programme, students will have developed the integrated scientific, clinical, psychological, communication, multidisciplinary team working and professional proficiencies that underpin a career in clinical nutrition and dietetics. The MSc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics aims to train graduates eligible to apply to the Dietitians Registration Board (CORU) for registration as a dietitian.
Graduates with the MSc Clinical Nutrition Dietetics at University College Dublin are well placed to gain employment in the following sectors and agencies:
- Clinical nutrition & dietetics (hospital and community dietetics)
- Public health nutrition, government health promotion agencies
- Clinical nutrition industry (product development, marketing, consumer information)
- Sports nutrition
- Teaching opportunities (second or third level)
- Academic, nutrition and medical research (public and private sectors)
- Private practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medicine for Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition and Communication
- Clinical Nutrition
- Health Promotion
- Nutrition Epidemiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 11 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should hold a second class honours degree (2.1 or 2.2 in exceptional circumstances e.g. extensive prior clinical experience) or higher in science e.g. biochemistry, food science, human biology, human nutrition, nutritional science, pharmacology, physiology, in health sciences e.g. medicine, nursing or a health and social care profession or in sports performance science.
- Prior qualifications should include evidence of study of human biochemistry and physiology or other relevant degree discipline from a recognised university.
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25600 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA13240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13240 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.