Students develop a systematic approach to devising experiments and/or computations and gain familiarity with a broad range of synthetic, analytical and spectroscopic techniques, acquiring skills for the critical analysis of their experimental and computational observations.
They also broaden their knowledge of chemistry through a selection of taught courses and are able to tailor the programme to meet their personal interests.
This Chemical Research programme offered at the University College London (UCL) is designed to provide first-hand experience of research at the cutting-edge of chemistry and is particularly suitable for those wishing to embark on an academic career (i.e. doctoral research) in this area, although the research and critical thinking skills developed will be equally valuable in a commercial environment.
This programme is accredited by the RSC and successful completion will count towards eligibility for Chartered Chemist status for students with an appropriate Batchelor level qualification in Chemistry
- Literature Project
- Research Project
- Transferable Skills for Scientists
- Advanced Topics in Energy and Environmental Science
- Advanced Topics in Physical Chemistry
- Biological Chemistry
- Concepts in Computational Chemistry
- Frontiers in Experimental Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Rings, Chains and Clusters
- Intense Radiation Sources in Modern Chemistry
- Topics in Quantum Mechanics
- Numerical Methods in Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Educational Research View 233 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.