You will develop a detailed knowledge of molecular and cellular cardiovascular science, animal models of cardiovascular disease, microvascular biology and mechanisms by which the heart and vasculature function in health and disease, as well as laboratory and statistical methods.
You will gain an awareness of research integrity and practice valuable research skills relating to developments in cardiovascular science.
As a graduate of this Cardiovascular Science programme offered at the University College London (UCL), you will be well placed for a PhD in this field and a career in research. You will also have a sound basis for entry into the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
Basic scientists may use the MSc as a stepping-stone to MBBS studies. The programme also provides an excellent training for related fields such as scientific journalism and in areas requiring critical appraisal of complex data.
- Cardiovascular Science and Disease
- Animal Models of Cardiovascular Disease
- Congenital Heart Disease - Fundamentals
- Heart and Circulation
- Basic Statistics for Medical Science
- Genetics of Cardiovascular Disease
- Genomics and Drug Development
- Drug Discovery
- Microvascular Biology
- An Introduction to Molecular Laboratory Methods in Cardiovascular Research
- Clinical Cardiology (open to clinicians only)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1774 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a scientific or medical discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, or a recognised taught Master's degree.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £7,350
- International: £14,700
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.