SMP students take medical level classes with the 1st year medical students at Georgetown SOM. The SMP provides a powerful message to medical school admission committees – the knowledge that our students can thrive academically at an advanced level.
A competitive applicant to the SMP will have an uptrend in undergraduate GPA, solid MCAT, good record of clinical and community service experiences and quality letters of recommendation.
What is the Special Master’s Program in Physiology at Georgetown University?
- SMP is the first and longest-running program of its kind and is highly respected by medical schools because of its rigorous medical curriculum.
- SMP students take classes alongside the medical students in the Georgetown School of Medicine and are graded directly against them.
- A comprehensive support system to assist students in their medical applications and in the program.
- Courses are taught by outstanding, awarding-winning professors, including the authors of Netter’s Essential Physiology by Dr. Mulroney and Dr. Myers.
- SMP has added another campus location in Georgetown Downtown. Students will experience the same rigorous coursework and have clinical and volunteer opportunities
- Graduates are admitted into schools across the country, including Georgetown School of Medicine.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Medical Molecular & Cellular Physiology
- Medical Molecular Biology & Metabolism
- Medical Embryology & Introduction to Anatomical Sciences
- Medical Introduction to Pathology & Pharmacology
- Principles of Gross Anatomy
- Human Nutrition & Health
- Principles of Physiology
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 483 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Online Application
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree & Prerequisite Courses
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Average cumulative GPA is 3.3
- MCAT/GRE Score
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation or a Committee/Composite Letter Packet
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Supplemental Information
- Non-refundable Application Fee
- TOEFL/IELTS Score (if applicable)
International2117 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2117 USD per credit and a duration of 11 months.
National2117 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2117 USD per credit and a duration of 11 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.