Break into the cyber security sector
With our lives increasingly dependent on computer networks and the internet – both of which are potential targets of terrorist and criminal attacks – cyber security is becoming one of the greatest challenges that society is facing today. Graduates who understand the technologies and practices that underpin secure computer systems are in very high demand.
Our online programmes allow you to study around work and home commitments, at different times and locations. This is your Masters degree, on your own terms, in your own time.On the Computer Science with Cyber Security programme from University of York, you will learn about:
- Network and operating system security
- Security risk analysis
- Secure software development – covering security requirement specification, security design, secure coding and security testing
- Computational thinking
- Computational problem-solving
- Software development
- Broad knowledge of computer science
Career opportunitiesIn the UK alone, over 1.5 million people work in the digital sector, while the number of digital technology jobs has grown at twice the rate of other roles. Graduates of this programme go on to a range of positions in software and web development, IT systems, support and programming. This world-class Russell Group institution and leading Department of Computer Science offer the global reach and industry-relevant content that set our programmes apart.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Cyber Security Threats
- Security Engineering
- Advanced Programming
- Computer and Mobile Networks
- Software Engineering
- Computer Architecture and Operating Systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 57 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- 2:2 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree in any subject
- Or Masters degree (or equivalent) in any subject
- Students whose first degree was not taught in English should have an appropriate English language qualification
International7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7800 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.