Successful completion of the Adapted Physical Education program at Oregon State University earns:
- A Master of Adapted Physical Education Degree
- Recommendation for an Oregon K-12 Preliminary Teaching License in Physical Education
- An Adapted Physical Education endorsement (Oregon)
Students interested in applying to the MAPE program will submit the majority of application materials through the Oregon State University Graduate School. Please see the MAPE Program website for information on required additional materials.
Earn a master of adapted physical education degree to become a K-12 physical education and adapted physical education teacher. By completing this professional degree program, referred to as MAPE, you’ll also earn a recommendation for an Oregon K-12 preliminary teaching license in physical education and an endorsement in adapted physical education.
The MAPE program is a 14-month (June-August) graduate program that includes graduate courses, as well as extensive practical experiences in the public schools at all levels. If you’re interested in this program, you will submit the majority of application materials through the Oregon State University Graduate School.
- Applied Motor Learning
- Physical Activity for Persons with Severe Disabilities
- Current Trends and Issues in Physical Education
- Skill Analysis & Assessment in K-12
- Middle School Internship (with IMPACT)
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 3376 other Masters in Education in United States
- Oregon State University Certification of Finances Form is required of all applicants, regardless of funding source. This includes applicants that have been granted a Teaching or Research Assistantship.
- Supporting documentation, demonstrating sufficient financial resources for the desired academic program. See below for Acceptable Forms of Financial Documentation
- Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport and Passport of any dependents (if passport has already been issued – this is used to match the name on the passport and visa documents).
- Photocopy of Current Visa/I-20 if already in the U.S.
- Monetary Amount to Show
- All international applicants and applicants that did not receive a degree in the U.S. (or other English speaking country) meet the following additional English language proficiency requirements for admission.
International30357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30357 USD per year during 14 months.
National30357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30357 USD per year during 14 months.
In-State16191 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16191 USD per year during 14 months.
Living costs for Corvallis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.