Students are prepared for professional schools or careers in fields related to the biological sciences. The Biology MA at Temple University is a part-time or full-time graduate program, and it is tailored for students seeking graduate studies in the biological sciences without experimental research in labs. Compared to the Biology MS, the Biology MA program focuses primarily on coursework and independent research and helps you form expertise in one or more areas of biology, such as molecular biology and genetics, among others.
The College of Science and Technology job fairs, held each fall and spring semester, are open to undergraduate and master’s-level science and technology majors, as well as alumni of the college. Job fairs typically draw more than 60 employers, including Apex Life Science, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, the city of Philadelphia’s Office of Innovation and Technology, Elsevier, Lockheed Martin, and the Wistar Institute.
The job fairs give you opportunities to
- explore potential career paths,
- network with Temple alumni and
- talk to employers in your field of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conservation Biology,
- Developmental Genetics,
- Genomics in Medicine,
- Molecular Biology and
- Systems Neuroscience.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 576 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit official transcripts from every college and university you have attended.
- A current professional résumé is required.
- Goals statement: the statement should be about 500 to 1,000 words in length. Include your specific interest in Temple’s program as well as your research and future career goals and your previous academic and research achievements.
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International47010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1567 USD per credit during 12 months.
National47010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1567 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1205 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.