The Youth Development program at the University of Illinois at Chicago has two primary strands: (A) An Applied Strand aimed at producing high-quality professionals to work within the field of youth development, and (B) a Research Strand aimed at providing students planning to seek doctoral degrees with preparatory training and background in developmental theory, research methods, and statistics.
Interdepartmental graduate concentrations in Survey Research Methodology and Violence Studies are available to students in this program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Urban Youth Development
- Social Development of Urban Children
- Research Design in Education
- Characteristics of Early Adolescence
- Advanced Adolescent Development
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- Advanced Developmental Psychology and Educational Processes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 3593 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants are considered on an individual basis. Transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate work must be submitted.
- Baccalaureate Field No restrictions. Previous course work in psychology preferred.
- Letters of Recommendation Three letters of recommendation are required.
- Personal Statement This required statement must address the applicant’s previous experiences working with youth, specifically work with youth in urban contexts, as well as professional and scholarly goals.
- A College of Education application form should be submitted as well as the official university application.
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.