The "Master of Science in Business and Economics" at the University of Bern covers topics at the intersection between business and economics. Students learn how to apply formal economic modeling and sound empirical analysis to obtain insights into the functioning of firms and markets, covering a comprehensive range of topics including accounting, finance, innovation, marketing, organization, personnel economics, and pricing.
The "Master of Science in Business and Economics" answers the growing demand for specialists who work at the intersection between business and economics. The combination of these topics with the analytical methodology provides students with a competitive edge in a labor market with an increasing demand for "business economists".
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The master's degree program in Business and Economics amounts to 90 ECTS credits and lasts for three semesters (standard duration of study).
- You need to achieve a minimum of 30 ECTS credits in Business Administration and 30 ECTS credits in Economics. Courses are offered in English and, in some cases, German.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
You can only apply after the regular closing date for applications if you do not require a visa for entering and residing in Switzerland.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 36 other Masters in Economics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized university with a major in Business Administration and a minor in Economics (minimum 15 ECTS credits)
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized university with a major in Economics and a minor in Business Administration (minimum 15 ECTS credits)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Economics from a Swiss or foreign university of applied sciences
International897 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 897 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA708 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 708 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Regular tuition fee: CHF 750 per semester
- Non-Swiss students: CHF 950 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.