The Master of Global Science at The University of Tokyo welcomes excellent graduates from universities all over the world, fostering world-class science professionals, and standardizes a five-year integrated education scheme in which students attend both the Master’s program and the Doctoral program in sequence.
Here, the next generation of scientists learn the principles and methodologies within their field, while evolving into global citizens equipped with the:
- scientific wisdom
required to tackle unknown challenges in the future world. In realization of this goal, it has become essential to involve a greater number of international students. This creates a globalized learning environment for the advancement of both cutting edge education and research.
- Special Lectures on Bioinformatics and Molecular Genetics
- Life Sciences Laboratory Practice
- Life Sciences Seminars
- English for Scientific Researchers
- Japanese Language Classes
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development View 13 other Masters in International Development in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Proof of Bachelor's degree
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- Research work conducted by the applicant, such as a Bachelor's thesis, Honor's thesis or equivalent
- (graduates of Bachelor's programs with no research component will be given an essay assignment at the
- time of shortlisting)
- Proof of citizenship
- Two letters of recommendation by university academics
- Passport-sized photographs
- Proof of Examination Fee payment (the details regarding Examination Fee will be sent out at the time of shortlisting)
International4088 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4088 USD per year during 60 months.
National4088 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4088 USD per year during 60 months.
- 535,800 yen
Living costs for Tokyo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.