The Nutrition and Dietetics program at the University of Sydney builds on major concepts from the study of human biochemistry and physiology to discuss the roles of nutrients, nutritional contents of food and diet in health and disease. The program covers all the content and skills needed for you to become a career-ready professional across public health, medical nutrition therapy, food service management, communication, management, and research and evaluation.The Master of Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Sydney draws on the expertise of researchers and clinicians in nutrition science, public health, medicine and dietetics. Being in central Sydney gives us the advantage of calling on external guest lecturers. We have access to members of the Science and Medicine faculties and utilise leading University teaching hospitals (Sydney and rural if preferred) for placement experiences. Our master’s program includes a full semester of supervised research training which meets requirements for entry to a PhD.
Our academics teach from a research-driven base but understand the importance of the translation of the research into evidence-based dietetic practice. The course will equip you with the skills for life-long professional development as a dietitian/nutritionist whether you want to work in the clinical or public health fields, in a hospital or primary care private practice, in a community health facility or a research organisation.
Throughout this course you will develop knowledge of:
- physiology, statistics
- food service
- management and the pathophysiology of chronic diseases.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Community and Public Health Nutrition
- Dietary Intake and Nutritional Assessment
- Dietetics Professional Studies
- Dietetics Training Placement
- Food Service Management
- Medical Nutrition
- Nutritional and Food Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Biochemistry View 19 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 008414B
The applicant must also have successfully completed the following prerequisite units of study within the last 10 years:
- 12 credit points of junior chemistry, or equivalent; and
- 12 credit points of junior biology, or equivalent; and
- 12 credit points of intermediate or senior Biochemistry and/or Molecular Biology, or equivalent; and
- 12 credit points of intermediate or senior Human Physiology, or equivalent; and
- 6 credit points of intermediate or senior Nutrition Science, or equivalent; and
- 6 credit points of intermediate or senior Food Science, or equivalent.
International51000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National28000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Student Contribution Amount (SCA) for year 1: $7,950 (indicative only)
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.