The History and Heritage MA degree offered at Aberystwyth University has been developed both for those who are interested in the academic study of this interplay and those who are interested in pursuing careers in the heritage industry itself. It offers you the opportunity to explore key concepts and debates in heritage studies, to acquire some heritage business related skills, and to participate for academic credit in a work placement with a leading heritage organisation.
Why study MA History and Heritage at Aberystwyth University?
- Study just five minutes away from one of five UK copyright libraries, the National Library of Wales
- Undertake a work placement as part of this course with an institution that engages on a daily basis with history
- Our Department has strong links with the Royal Commission on Ancient and Historical Monuments and the National Library of Wales - two nearby and significant organisations
CareersGraduates from the Department of History and Welsh History at Aberystwyth have expansive and varied careers. Many of our Masters graduates go on to PhD study and academic careers. Others go on to careers in:
- Museums and archives
- heritage administration
- public administration
- the civil service
- local government
- Concepts and Sources in Heritage Studies
- Research Methods and Professional Skills in History
- Working with History
- Financial Analysis and Decision Making
- Heritage Organisations and the Presentation of the Past
- Information and Society
- Landownership and Society in Wales
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Museum Studies View 643 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above in a related subject. European and International applicants can find their grade equivalence on our comparability page. Those who are not graduates must satisfy the University that they are of the required academic standard to pursue postgraduate study.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.