History and Heritage degree offered at Aberystwyth University has been developed both for those who are interested in the academic study of this interplay and those who are interested in pursuing careers in the heritage industry itself. It offers you the opportunity to explore key concepts and debates in heritage studies, to acquire some heritage business related skills, and to participate for academic credit in a work placement with a leading heritage organisation.
Why study MA History and Heritage at Aberystwyth University?
- Study just five minutes away from one of five UK copyright libraries, the National Library of Wales
- Undertake a work placement as part of this course with an institution that engages on a daily basis with history
- Our Department has strong links with the Royal Commission on Ancient and Historical Monuments and the National Library of Wales - two nearby and significant organisations
CareersGraduates from the Department of History and Welsh History at Aberystwyth have expansive and varied careers. Many of our Masters graduates go on to PhD study and academic careers. Others go on to careers in:
- Museums and archives
- heritage administration
- public administration
- the civil service
- local government
More informationVisit official programme website
- Concepts and Sources in Heritage Studies
- Research Methods and Professional Skills in History
- Working with History
- Financial Analysis and Decision Making
- Heritage Organisations and the Presentation of the Past
- Information and Society
- Landownership and Society in Wales
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 491 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above in a related subject. European and International applicants can find their grade equivalence on our comparability page. Those who are not graduates must satisfy the University that they are of the required academic standard to pursue postgraduate study.
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.