Why choose this programme?
Data Science is a vibrant, interdisciplinary and rapidly growing field. More and more firms and institutions are hiring data scientists, and data scientist has been America's top job for the third year according to Glassdoor.
Data scientists must be able to acquire, understand, and analyze complex and unstructured data, to interpret the meaning of the results, and to communicate the results to relevant stakeholders. Hence, Data Science requires a unique combination of (1) econometrics and statistics, (2) programming skills, and (3) domain knowledge.
This four-semester Data Science in Business and Economics program at University of Tübingen reflects these requirements to provide its graduates with a unique skill set. On top of that, students complete modules on data science techniques, which includes programming in R and Python as well as the possibility to enroll in courses in Machine Learning in collaboration with the computer science department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of Specialization
- Business and Economics
- Data Science Techniques
- Data Science Project Management
- Database Systems
- Basics of Machine Learning
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Probabilistic Inference and Learning
- Deep Learning
- Working with Python
- Applying Machine Learning in Business and Economics
- Bayesian Inference
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 48 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the M.Sc. in Data Science in Business and Economics requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies or Economics or a comparable degree with excellent grades.
Further, applicants must have experience in writing code in a statistical programming language (preferrably R or Python). Applicants can prove their experience:
- by showing that they have successfully passed modules in their qualifying degree that involve students' writing code (preferrably R or Python), or
- by providing documents that demonstrate their skills/experience in writing code in a statistical programming language (preferrably R or Python), e.g., part of a B.Sc.-thesis, or
- by providing other documentation that establishes the applicant's skills/experience in writing code in a statistical programming language (preferrably R or Python)
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tübingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.