Students on the MSc Structural Engineering course at Swansea University will be provided with in-depth knowledge and exposure to established and innovative ideas and techniques to enable them to develop sound solutions to structural engineering problems.
The role of the structural engineer is of growing importance to society as populations grow and the world becomes more inter-connected. Skyscrapers are getting taller and bridges are getting longer.
The Green Energy revolution requires energy generating infrastructure to be structurally designed for resilience in harsh environments, e.g. high wind or deep marine locations. As a major contributor to CO2 production (10% of global emissions), the construction industry depends on structural engineers to design energy efficient buildings, using appropriate materials to minimise the environmental impact of the sector.
Graduates of the MSc Structural Engineering course at Swansea University will be strongly positioned for rewarding opportunities. Your future could lie in any of the following roles.
- Structural Engineer
- Construction Engineer
- Construction Management
- Engineering Project Manager
- Bridge Engineer
- Earthquake Engineer
- building Structure Design
- Aerospace Structural Design
- Marine/Offshore Structural Design
- Computational Engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fluid-Structure Interaction
- Structural Engineering Case Study
- Dynamics and Earthquake Analysis of Structures
- Plasticity in Structural and Geotechnical Engineering
- Advanced Structural Design
- Design and Analysis for Temporary Works
- Strategic Engineering Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applicants are encouraged to apply by 31 July for entry in September, to ensure that vacancies are still available.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Mechanical Engineering View 277 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Usually the entry requirements for the MSc Structural Engineering is a first or second class honours degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, or a similar relevant engineering or science discipline. You will also need to have an overall mark of at least 55%, however performance in key modules will also be considered.
- If English is not your first language, you will need an acceptable pass in an approved English Language qualification to make sure you get the full benefit from studying at Swansea. We consider a wide range of qualifications, including the Swansea University English Test, the British Council IELTS test (with a score of at least 6.5 and 5.5 in each component).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19050 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
For funding and scholarships, please visit our website for more details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.