The Creative Writing course offered by Durham University is an academically rigorous programme that will develop students’ practical knowledge of writing poetry and prose fiction.
Students will receive structured support through writing workshops and one-to-one tutorials in order to develop their own ideas. Students will also study a broad range of literature from the 20th and 21st centuries, and produce new work in response.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Creative Writing Poetry
- Creative Writing Prose Fiction
- The Word in the World
- Reading as a Writer
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 200 other Masters in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
- Students are usually required to have an Honours Degree at 2:1 level or higher or GPA average of 3.2 from a recognised national or international university.
- Students should submit a sample of 4-6 poems or 2,000 words of fiction.
- All students must provide two positive academic or professional references.
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part Time Fees
- EU Student £5,200 per year
- International non-EU Student £10,700 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.