Under the International Law and Governance course offered by Durham University, students must complete four compulsory modules, and choose from a range of optional modules. Modules will be delivered primarily through small group seminars. Attendance is mandatory for these seminars, which have been chosen as the primary means of delivering material to students due to the advanced nature of the course.
Small group seminars encourage participation and the development of communications skills. They also allow students to benefit from close contact with the academics teaching on the course, many of which are also experienced practitioners and consultants in their respective fields of expertise.
The compulsory modules ensure that students develop an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of international law and governance and become familiar with current debates in the field.Optional modules then allow students to explore particular aspects of international law and governance, such as aspects of international and regional law, international dispute settlement, international human rights, international humanitarian law and international economic law, in greater depth.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Issues in International Economic Law
- Comparative and Transnational Law
- Global Environmental Law
- Global Financial Law
- Global Institutions
- International Co-operation in Criminal Matters in Europe
- International Counter Terrorism: Theory and Practice
- International Investment Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law Political Science View 348 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- The course will demand a very good degree in law or in a related discipline.
- A good degree in the United Kingdom is a 2.1 at 65% or equivalent; this will be the minimum requirement.
- Students with foreign qualifications will conform to the minimum requirements for admission.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.