Opportunities for graduates exist in a range of industries such as finance, films and games, pharmaceuticals, health care, consumer products and public services. This Advanced Computer Science with Big Data programme from the University of Strathclyde gives you the skill set needed.Assessment methods include dissertation.
Opportunities for graduates of the MSc Advanced Computer Science with Big Data exist in various industries:
- films and games
- consumer products
- public services
Future career options include:
- big data analyst
- software engineer
- data scientist
- data consultant
- Legal, Ethical and Professional Issues for the Information Society
- Research Methods
- Distributed Information Systems
- Big Data Technologies
- Machine Learning for Data Analytics
- Research Project
- Advanced Topics in Software Engineering
- Mobile Software Applications
- Evolutionary Computing for Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 239 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Strathclyde and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Minimum second-class honours degree or international equivalent in computer science or another numerate discipline (eg mathematics, physics, engineering)
- Some programming or database experience is normally required.
- Other disciplines who have significant programming experience should contact us to discuss applying for this course.
International20650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9050 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.