The Master of Applied Data Science offered by Coursera in partnership with the University of Michigan prepares you to be a leader in the field through mastery of core data science concepts like machine learning and natural language processing. By diving deep on key topics such as privacy, data ethics, and persuasive communication, you’ll be prepared to succeed within today’s organizations.
You’ll also work with real data sets from top companies as you build a work portfolio that showcase your skills. Learn the systems and techniques that help organizations overcome data overload and make smart decisions.
Whether you’re looking to create real estate market forecasts or use data to study Russian literature, this online Master’s program teaches the skills you need for success in an ever-changing field.
Program graduates are qualified to become data scientists in the field of their choice. Graduates from the on-campus Master of Science in Information program have a 98%+ job placement rate and go on to become Data Scientists at top companies such as Google, Facebook, and Amazon. University of Michigan School of Information Masters’ students earn the highest average salaries of any graduate program in the field.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Computational methods to deal with big data
- Exploring and communicating data
- Visualizing data using multiple methods
- Analytic techniques
- Data science application in context
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 70 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree
- Strong knowledge of Python programming language basic and introductory statistics (Applicants will take two assessments)
- TOEFL exam for non-native speakers of English
- No Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or other exams required
International42262 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42262 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National31688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31688 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.