The Applied Data Science degree offered by Coursera in partnership with the University of Michigan prepares you to be a leader in the field through mastery of core data science concepts like machine learning and natural language processing. By diving deep on key topics such as privacy, data ethics, and persuasive communication, you’ll be prepared to succeed within today’s organizations.
You’ll also work with real data sets from top companies as you build a work portfolio that showcase your skills. Learn the systems and techniques that help organizations overcome data overload and make smart decisions.
Whether you’re looking to create real estate market forecasts or use data to study Russian literature, this online Master’s program teaches the skills you need for success in an ever-changing field.
Program graduates are qualified to become data scientists in the field of their choice. Graduates from the on-campus Master of Science in Information program have a 98%+ job placement rate and go on to become Data Scientists at top companies such as Google, Facebook, and Amazon. University of Michigan School of Information Masters’ students earn the highest average salaries of any graduate program in the field.
- Computational methods for big data
- Exploring and communicating data
- Visualizing data using various methods
- Analytic techniques (machine learning, network analysis, natural language processing, experiments and causal inference)
- Data science applications in context (search and recommender systems, social media analytics, learning analytics)
- 3 portfolio-building major projects
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Machine Learning View 129 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree
- Foundational Python programming language and introductory statistics. (Applicants will take one assessment.)
- Students who need a refresher on statistics are encouraged to take the Statistics with Python Specialization
- If applicants have already completed the entire Python 3 Programming Specialization that is offered on Coursera by the time of application, applicants will only be tested on introductory statistics. If applicants have not completed the Python 3 Programming Specialization (or don’t need to) they will take an assessment that tests both Python and statistics.
- TOEFL exam for non-native speakers of English (exemptions in place if the applicant(s) completed a degree entirely in English).
- No Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or other exams required.
International31688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31688 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National31688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31688 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
$31,688 – $42,262
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.