Overview of the Finance and Investment course offered by Brunel University London
Throughout the course you’ll have access to a variety of professional databases used in business and finance including Datastream, Bloomberg, Bank Scope, Osiris, Reuters 3000 Xtra and Thomson One Banker.
We hold regular training sessions with Bloomberg, which will enhance your research and give you a taste of a real-world working environment.
As global capital and money markets grow, so does the demand for professionals with specialist skills and competencies in finance and investment. Your Brunel Masters will give you that and make you a sought-after job candidate to employers across the industry.
Careers and your future
Our aim is to teach you ‘employable knowledge’, which can be applied to real-world situations giving you the skills you need to find the right role after you graduate. Therefore, you’ll be well prepared for work, especially if you undertake a work placement. Securing economics and finance degree jobs is highly competitive so we’ll support you to gain a strong foundation in the skills employers are looking for. We offer opportunities within the Department of Economics and Finance as well as through the University’s Professional Development Centre (PDC) to help you build skills and experience.
With the knowledge and expertise you'll gain on the course, you'll be well equipped to progress into acadmeic careers and many of our graduates now hold teaching positions in institutions like the Australian Business School, EDHEC Business School in Nice, Glasgow University and Olso Business School.
Other have used the skills and experiences gained to purse a career within financial institutions and now hold senior positions in prestigious organisations like Standard Life in the UK, Bank of Cyprus, HBSC Istanbul and TD Bank Financial Group in Canada.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Financial Theory
- Security Analysis and Funds Management
- Modelling Financial Markets and Forecasting
- Macro and Financial Econometrics
- Corporate Finance
- Derivative Securities
- Risk Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics Risk Management View 71 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree (or equivalent internationally recognised qualification) in economics, finance, accounting and finance, mathematics, engineering, or scientific subjects with some study of corporate finance, international finance and securities.
- Applicants with a 2:2 in a business subject including accountancy should demonstrate some exposure to corporate finance, financial engineering or securities analysis, and mathematics, statistics or operations research.
- Applicants with relevant professional qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree not in the specified subject area, but with a statistical background or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
International17355 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17355 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10440 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.