What's covered in the course?
On this postgraduate degree in Dietetics, you will gain knowledge in food science, applied nutrition, clinical pathology and pharmacology, social science and therapeutic dietetics. Development of key skills, including communication, research and professionalism will enable you to become a compassionate and competent practitioner who can deliver effective, evidence-based and quality-driven care. You'll learn in specially built clinical skills rooms, with specialist space so you can get the best training possible. Dietetics (pre-registration) is provided by Birmingham City University.
Why Choose Us?
- This course is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- The alignment with our new undergraduate sports, nutrition and biomedical sciences courses offers you a unique opportunity to gain a sound knowledge of the underpinning scientific principles and contemporary research relevant to your practice
- Successful completion of the MSc Dietetics confers eligibility to apply for registration with the HCPC
- You will build your knowledge through a combination of academic and practice placement learning opportunities, Blocks of practice placements - covering both traditional and emerging environments, will enable you to be work ready for a diverse range of dietetic career opportunities
- You will be taught in a small cohort by specialist lecturers who work within the sector and can provide relevant, up-to-date information alongside real life case studies
- We work in partnership with service users and carers to inform the design of the programme as well as involving them in aspects of delivery, enabling you to directly interact with, and learn from, service users and carers
Enhancing your employability skills
As the demand for qualified diet and nutrition professionals grows, there are ever expanding career opportunities for registered dietitians. This highly vocational course will equip you with the core knowledge and skills to enable you to apply for registration with the HCPC and to secure employment as a dietitian in a variety of roles, including acute and community healthcare, health promotion, health education, industry, the media, or in private practice.
Integrated practice learning will allow you to build relationships with local employers, both NHS and non-NHS and the inter-professional learning interspersed in the course will enable you to work effectively as part of a team, in whichever field you choose to pursue.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evidence Based Professional Practice
- The Foundations of Dietetic Practice
- Nutrition, Metabolism, Pathology and Pharmacology
- Food Science, Food Skills and Applied Nutrition
- Consolidating Professional Practice (Dietetics)
- MSc Healthcare Protessional Project Module
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 92 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
- You must have an Honours degree with a 2:1 or above which includes the study of human physiology and biochemistry (including cell biology, concepts of cell theory, an understanding of the fundamentals of biological chemistry; key biochemical molecules and their role in cellular activities; physiological processes at the organ and systems level)
- You must also have GCSEs (or equivalent) in mathematics and English at grade C or above.
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12800 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.