Natural and anthropogenic hazards and risks account for hundreds of thousands of deaths and billions of dollars in damage each year in a context of global warming and rapidly evolving land use change.
The goal of this M.Sc. is to acquire skills in risk management, data analysis, and GIS/remote sensing to better predict and mitigate environmental hazards and risks.
The M.Sc. in Environmental Hazards and Risks Management at the Université Côte d'Azur is project-oriented and will make extensive use of case studies typical of the Mediterranean zone.
At the completion of the degree, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of risk management components:
- scenario modeling
- warning systems
- Higher education/research
- Environmental management agencies
- Urban planning and management agencies
- Environmental/urban consulting
- National and international level agencies
- Industry and insurance companies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Risk management overview
- Principles of ecology
- Environmental chemistry
- Urban systems / planning
- Geographic Information Systems
- Remote sensing
- Statistics and data analysis
- Elements of mathematical modeling
- Computer science basics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- All students with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Sciences are eligible to apply. These include degrees in Geography, Earth Sciences, Environmental Science and other sciences for students with a strong academic record.
- Applicants from non-anglophone institutions must provide proof of English proficiency.
- Selection will be made on the basis of a C.V., academic transcripts, 2 reference letters, and an online interview.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The tuition fee may vary according to your residence status, namely if you are a resident of an EU country or of a country outside the EU.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.