You have an option to take a wide range of courses in statistics, actuarial science, data analysis, as well as computer science. The curriculum is designed to provide a strong training in quantitative and statistical reasoning as well as skills using statistical software including R and SAS.
The program is flexible enough to allow students to concentrate courses in either actuarial science or statistics, and can provide a combination of course in Statistics and Computer Science for those interested in the field of Data Science.
Through the Mathematics - Actuarial Science and Statistics program at the University of Central Missouri, students will be prepared to expand their knowledge in mathematics, statistics, actuarial modeling, finance and economics. Students have access to a modern computer laboratory, equipped with a wide range of statistical software.
Careers in Statistics
- There is a big demand of statisticians in many fields that require the collection and analysis of data such as business, healthcare, government, sports, academics, insurance and finance companies.
- Statisticians use statistical software to analyze data and identify trends and relationships within the data. The findings from their analyses and the data’s limitations can prevent incorrect conclusions being drawn.
- Statisticians in some professions may be known as quantitative analysts, market research analysts, data analysts, or data scientists.
- Probability Models
- Mathematical Statistics
- Regression Analysis
- SAS Programing for Statistical Analysis
- Statistical Modeling
- Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 379 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- To be accepted into this program, a student must have an undergraduate major in mathematics, or coursework equivalent to a UCM major in mathematics, actuarial science or statistics with a minimum grade point average of 3.00 in upper-level mathematics, actuarial science, or statistics courses.
- A student not meeting these minimum standards may consult the School of Computer Science and Mathematics for possible acceptance on a conditional basis.
International18810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 627 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 627 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State9390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 313 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Warrensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.