The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program of Lock Haven University is consistent with the mission and strategic plans of Lock Haven University (LHU) and the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE). Through the use of synchronous and asynchronous modalities, the CMHC Program follows the ACA Code of Ethics (2014) and promotes students’ educational, professional, and personal development by supporting their overall wellness and encouraging a lifelong journey of professional learning and self-reflection.
Why this program?
- Accredited by CACREP
- The only public university in Pennsylvania to offer an online CMHC program
- Have the opportunity to be a national certified counselor (NCC) upon successful completion of the program and passing the National Counselor Examination
- No campus visits or residencies
- Synchronous technology promotes the best of both worlds (flexibility for working professionals and/or families and real-time interactions and collaboration with faculty and peers)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling as a Profession
- Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Assessment & Testing in Mental Health Counseling
- Lifespan Development: Implications for Counseling
- Skills and Techniques in Mental Health Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling Clinical Psychology View 32 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Online application
- Official college transcripts (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of professional goals
- Successful completion of a faculty and group interview
International9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4644 USD per semester during 12 months.
National9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4644 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State6192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3096 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.