At Nurse Education from Youngstown State University (YSU) you will be able to put a variety of theories from nursing and related fields into practice and diversify your career opportunities after you graduate. Your studies will prepare you to analyze social issues related to the health care delivery system and nursing education. The coursework will help enhance your skills and give you the ability needed to succeed in the nurse education field.
Graduates with Nurse Education from Youngstown State University (YSU) will be able to:
- Practice in advanced nurse educator roles within Academic, Health Care Delivery and Community settings.
- Incorporate a variety of theories from nursing and related fields into nursing practice and education roles.
- Analyze social issues related to Health Care Delivery Systems and nursing education.
- Synthesize theory and research from nursing and related disciplines for advanced nursing roles.
- Utilize leadership strategies to influence health and health care and to promote the nursing profession in the advanced nursing role.
- Expand the knowledge of evidence-based practice by identifying nursing research problems and contributing to research investigations.
- Integrate assessment of own learning in developing a lifelong pattern of scholarly inquiry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Nursing Curriculum Design
- Nursing Instructional Methods
- Evaluation in Nursing Education
- Nurse Educator Role
- Educational Technology
- Curriculum, Assessment, and Instruction to Improve Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Nursing View 688 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Regular admission requires a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Satisfactory completion of undergraduate courses in health assessment, statistics, and research methods
- Hold a B.S.N. degree from an accredited program
- Current Ohio Registered Nurse license and minimum of one year professional work experience
- Current CPR certification, current immunizations, drug screening, and criminal background checks are to be maintained while in the program.
- Applicants with a cumulative grade point average of less than 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) must submit an official report of Graduate Record Examination (General Test) scores completed within the past five years.
- Official transcripts from each college or institution of higher learning attended
- Three satisfactory Recommendation Reference Forms
- Letter of intent (300 words maximum)
- Resume or curriculum vita
International18358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18358 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National18358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18358 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12358 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.