According to feedback, the Master of Cultural Studies programme from Lingnan University, typically exceeds student expectations. In the year’s graduate survey, respondents identified three key elements/aptitudes with particular relevance for work and daily life. These were critical thinking skills, the ability to solve problems independently, and multi-perspective thinking skills.
The main learning outcomes of the MCS are fully aligned with Lingnan’s mission of enabling students to think, judge, care and ultimately act responsibly in the changing circumstances of Hong Kong, the region and the world.
“On completing the programme, graduates are able to better analyse and evaluate the complex processes of cultural work and production today,” Prof. LEUNG says. “They also learn to identify and assess the constraints, potential new challenges, and emergent problems in the rapidly changing contemporary context.”
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives in Cultural Studies
- Critical Thinking through Popular Culture
- Pedagogy and Cultural Studies
- Methods in Cultural Research
- History in Cultural Studies
- Film and Television Culture
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 3 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Identity card, passport, or travel document
- Proof of English language proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL), if needed [Applicants may submit results of CET-6 as supplementary information]
- Graduation certificates/ Bachelor's degree certificate
International13933 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13933 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National12643 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12643 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Full-time (Local): HK$98,000
- Full-time (Non-local): HK$108,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.