According to feedback, the Master of Cultural Studies programme from Lingnan University, typically exceeds student expectations. In the year’s graduate survey, respondents identified three key elements/aptitudes with particular relevance for work and daily life. These were critical thinking skills, the ability to solve problems independently, and multi-perspective thinking skills.
The main learning outcomes of the MCS are fully aligned with Lingnan’s mission of enabling students to think, judge, care and ultimately act responsibly in the changing circumstances of Hong Kong, the region and the world.
“On completing the programme, graduates are able to better analyse and evaluate the complex processes of cultural work and production today,” Prof. LEUNG says. “They also learn to identify and assess the constraints, potential new challenges, and emergent problems in the rapidly changing contemporary context.”
- Perspectives in Cultural Studies
- Critical Thinking through Popular Culture
- Pedagogy and Cultural Studies
- Methods in Cultural Research
- History in Cultural Studies
- Film and Television Culture
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 3 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a relevant bachelor's honours degree; or
- have obtained an equivalent qualification; or
- have achieved an outstanding level of attainment or high distinction in relevant professions.
- Applicants should demonstrate proficiency in English; and
- An applicant whose degree or, exceptionally, an alternative qualification deemed equivalent is not from a tertiary institution in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country
International15039 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15039 USD per year during 12 months.
National13127 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13127 USD per year during 12 months.
- Part-time: HK$51,500
- Full-time (Local): HK$103,000
- Full-time (Non-local): HK$118,000
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.