In the Health Studies program of Texas Woman's University program, you will learn about the epidemiological, cultural, physical and psychosocial issues related to health and how to develop strategies to address them.
If you are currently a dental hygienist, getting your master’s degree will lead to new opportunities in fields such as higher education, research, business and public health.
This degree program is offered 100 percent online.
Why Health Studies at TWU?
Because the classes in this program are offered online, you can continue to work full-time, advancing your career as you complete your degree at your own pace. Plus, you can save time and money as no GRE is required for this program. TWU values your proven career success over scores on an exam.
Tailoring the program to your needs is easy. Whether you want to focus on health in higher ed, the community or the workplace, you can select the coursework that best matches your goals. In addition, TWU is one of a handful of Texas universities to offer an advanced degree in dental hygiene.
Careers & Salaries
Career opportunities for graduates include positions in health education, public health and health promotion, such as:
- Public health analyst/specialist
- Wellness director/coordinator
- College professor
More informationVisit official programme website
- Current Issues in Health Studies
- Foundations of Health Science
- Ethnic and Cultural Factors in Health Decisions
- Program Development and Coordination
- Strategies in Health Education Delivery
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 260 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in health promotion, public health, kinesiology, or a related field from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional or general accrediting agency, or an equivalent degree from a foreign college or university.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 semester credit hours of bachelor's degree coursework, as evidenced by official transcripts.
- For those seeking the M.S. in Kinesiology with Biomechanics emphasis, submission of GRE scores is highly recommended.
- For international students, a test of English proficiency or exception.
- Personal Statement Letter
- Professional resume/curriculum vita evidencing appropriate academic background and relevant experience for graduate study
- Two letters of recommendation
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State15336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7668 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.