- P-12 Teachers
- Community College Instructors
- Educational consultants or policy analysts in schools
- College and other professional educational settings
At a time when the ability to make data-driven, research based decisions is increasingly becoming an expected skill for master teachers, we are the only Educational Studies graduate program at Western Illinois University in the college to stress the development of this critical skill as an integral part of our core graduate program across both of our ES graduate options. Of course, this is not the sole focus of our program.
We also offer a focus on Bilingual/Bicultural/ESL education and Adult/Community education. As evident from our mission statement, our program is interdisciplinary in orientation allowing the degree candidate to develop a rich grasp of central issues and problems in education from the perspective of several key disciplines including psychology, philosophy, and anthropology/sociology. Whichever option you pursue, we think you will find the experience exhilarating and inspiring and welcome and look forward to your participation should you choose to join us.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Philosophy, Ethics and Policy
- Cognition and Instruction
- Equity and the Socio-Cultural Contexts of Education
- Educational Assessment and Evaluation
- Foundations of Education for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Populations
- Cultural Studies of Second Language Learners in the Classroom
- Assessment of Bilingual and ESL Students
- Educational Philosophy, Ethics, and Policy
- Cognition and Instruction
- Thomas J. Cody, Ph.D., Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- Katrina Daytner, Ph.D., Indiana University
- Gloria Delany-Barmann, Ed.D., Northern Arizona University
- James LaPrad, Ph.D., University of Virginia
- Eric Mansfield, Ph.D., University of Northern Colorado
- Greg P. Montalvo, Jr., Ph.D., University of Oklahoma
- Carla Paciotto, Ed.D., Northern Arizona University
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 3507 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.