Graduates in the Social Data Analytics and Research program at University of Texas at Dallas acquire proficiency in:
- Social science research design and evaluation, including quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Quantitative and qualitative data discovery and analysis methods, including understanding and analyzing large data sets.
- Harnessing capabilities to help government, nonprofit and private sector organizations as they address pressing societal issues on both local and global scales.
- Interpreting core theories and philosophical dimensions of social science practice, and promoting ethical use of social science methodologies.
- Justifying the importance of applied social science in helping to shape public policy and action.
- Building successful career paths in diverse fields that rely upon social data analytics and research.
Graduates seek varied positions, including: data analyst/scientist, data mining specialist, database manager, statistician, program evaluation analyst, decision support analyst, research analyst, opinion polling statistician, community intelligence expert and information resource analyst.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods of Data Collection and Production
- Research Practice in the Social Sciences
- Research Design
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Data Science & Big Data View 220 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National18856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9428 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5271 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.