The Bartlett Real Estate Institute’s (BREI) Healthcare Facilities MSc provides an integrated and interdisciplinary programme related to healthcare facilities in the widest sense. You will have the opportunity to transform the wider healthcare community’s view of the role, design and operation of built forms that support health activities.
The Healthcare Facilities programme offered by University College London (UCL) will cover all aspects of the process of creating, renewing or managing healthcare facilities. We will guide you through your own personalised learning journey, tailored to your background and interests as much as possible.
This transformative Master's degree will enhance the quality of your decision-making around healthcare facilities. We will establish a common language, communication channels, interdisciplinary working patterns and understanding of healthcare policies, services, systems and cultural paradigms across the globe.
Your learning journey will be personalised and specific to your own interests. Each module will have a ‘live’ problem set in collaboration with external organisations that will enable you to learn within a real-world context.
Careers and employability
The programme is expected to develop decision-making skills, research skills and analytical techniques. Participants will have possibilities for career development at all levels within the healthcare and the built environment sectors.
The collaborative nature of the course provides students with practical skills that are highly sought after by employers from the real estate, engineering, architecture, healthcare architecture, medical planning, healthcare facilities management and construction. Students could also find employment opportunities at government and organisations, in departments such as the capital and facilities & estates of the NHS, public health and social care.Graduates will have additional possibilities to carry out future research and consultancy in the field. In addition, the MSc can provide a foundation for MPhil/PhD research
- Development and Capital Projects
- Building Solutions and Systems
- Modern Economics and Finance for Real Estate
- Forms of Value for Real Estate
- Health Systems, Services and Technologies
- Health Services: Primary Care
- Health Services: Hospitals and Complex Facilities
- Health Services: Long-term Care
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1013 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- The normal minimum qualifications are a 2:1 Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- As the programme is designed to enhance the knowledge base of practitioners in healthcare it is desirable for candidates to have some knowledge, demonstrable competence, and a skill set related to healthcare practice, policy,
- A second acceptable qualification is a second-class Bachelor's degree or lower, with substantial knowledge, demonstrable competence, and a skill set related to management, policy, investment, or design practice in healthcare investment, design, or management, in addition to their academic qualification.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £8,250
- International: £14,700
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.