An increased demand for aquatic food in the world requires highly qualified candidates throughout the entire food chain. The growing aquatic food industry becomes more and more integrated, meaning that individual companies cover several parts of the entire value chain.
The Master in Aquatic Food Production - Safety and Quality (AQFood) at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) gives you a global understanding of the aquatic food production. You will learn about the entire value chain for aquatic food, from fishery and aquaculture throughout processing, distribution until the product reaches the consumer. The program is focusing on safety and quality, from sea to table.
- The demand for aquatic food throughout the world is increasing, resulting in increased need for high qualified candidates in the entire aquatic food chain.
- The growing aquatic food industry becomes more and more integrated, and individual companies are resents larger parts of the entire value chain.
- This program is adapted to this development, giving knowledge on the entire chain with important interactions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Primary Production (Aquaculture & Fisheries)
- Processing & Technology
- Safety & Health of Aquatic Food
- Supply Chain Management, Innovation, Sustainability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFood Sciences Aquaculture & Fisheries
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A relevant bachelor or equivalent degree in life science or engineering.
- Copy of foreign passport or ID card
- Documentation of upper secondary school
- Documentation of higher education
- Courses to be completed
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of financing
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NMBU.
- NMBU does not offer scholarships for bachelor or master students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.