This course is suitable if you are interested in developing your knowledge and understanding of children and young people with special educational needs, working as a teacher or associated professional in mainstream education or specialised settings wishing to extend your skills and practice, an experienced professional, or new to working with children with additional needs. It provides high-quality professional development and flexibility for you to explore areas and specialisms that interest you.
You will be supported by:
- friendly tutors with a breadth and depth of knowledge, understanding and skills developed through experience in the field
- interactive and collaborative teaching methods promoting shared enquiry
- individual and group tutorials
- emphasis on formative feedback to support you to successfully complete assessments
- access to extensive study materials from libraries and online sources
- a seminar programme linked to the course which you can access if you live locally
- opportunities to discuss approaches with other experienced practitioners
More informationVisit official programme website
- Debating Special and Inclusive Education
- Researching Special and Inclusive Education
- Responding Mindfully to Challenging Behaviour
- Communication and Literacy
- Educating Students on the Autism Spectrum
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 86 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
Applicants with a degree in any other discipline must have work experience
International17910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17910 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7785 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7785 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.