At Teaching from Salisbury University you will find:
- Concurrent Maryland teacher certification and a master’s degree
- Faculty with solid content area expertise
- Strong relationship with professional development K-12 schools in the Delmarva region
- Clinical placements in the middle and secondary schools of our award-winning Professional Development School network
- Nationally recognized programs
Graduates with Teaching from Salisbury University will:
- reflect on culturally relevant and globally informed pedagogy, presenting content in clear and meaningful ways
- apply professional knowledge, research, information and data to instructional decision making
- critically examine teaching practice to make informed decisions that positively impact student learning
- apply pedagogical theory, continuous reflection and assessment to enhance instruction for diverse populations in various educational settings including high poverty schools
- use technology to foster critical thinking, inquiry, teaching, collaboration and communication to enhance learning for all students, developing digital citizenship
- provide leadership in a variety of professional roles
- conduct research to inform practice and professional development for self and others, continuously deepening content, and pedagogical knowledge to inform practice
- Development and Learning Applied to Teaching
- Education in a Diverse and Democratic Society
- The Inclusive Classroom
- Classroom Management: Theory and Practice
- Educational Research
- Instruction and Assessment for Student Learning
- Teaching Literacy in the Content Areas
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Winter Priority Deadline: October 1st
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 3082 other Masters in Education in United States
- Students in the M.A.T. program must possess a baccalaureate degree, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in the last half of their undergraduate program, and appropriate content coursework for certification in one of the state-approved areas.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to the applicant’s ability to write at an appropriate skill level for graduate work and a level of motivation appropriate to carry the candidate through a rigorous graduate program.
- Proof of English proficiency
- A "Declaration of Finances"
- Submit a Graduate Application
- Submit Official Transcripts
- Submit Residency Documentation
International21820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 746 USD per credit during 16 months.
National21820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 746 USD per credit during 16 months.
In-State12051 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 412 USD per credit during 16 months.
Graduate Non-Resident Regional Hagerstown 496 USD
Living costs for Salisbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.