Students in the Design Studies in Design for Human Health program offered by Boston Architectural College gain specialized knowledge and skills in the growing field of designing for human health and wellness. The unique curriculum teaches students to assess and propose design improvements in private and public spaces that respond to human needs, with the goal of complementing and enhancing physical activity, cognitive performance, and psychological health and well-being.
Courses examine universal design, environmental psychology, sociology, anthropology, and neurobiology as related to health and theories of well-being, exploring the ways these concepts intersect with design theory. Students confront real world problems, brainstorming solutions, and developing prototypes of their own designs. The program culminates in a practical thesis project that investigates a specific subject of interest.
- Assess private, public, and community environments based on the human dimensions of physical activity, cognitive performance, and personal wellbeing.
- Identify relevant information from design evidence (for instance. physiology, psychology, ethnography) intended to enhance human health and wellbeing via optimal designs.
- Develop aesthetically pleasing and functional designs for a specific health concern.
- Identify finish materials known to promote or detract from optimal physical, emotional and cognitive health.
- Propose design interventions to improve physical, emotional or cognitive health conditions impacted by the built environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Universal Design
- Environment and Behavior
- Advanced Theories in Design for Wellbeing
- Environmental Health
- Health Conditions and Design
- Environmental Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Health Sciences View 74 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application
- $50 application fee
- Official college transcript
- Current resume
- Portfolio or Work Sample
- Admissions essay
- One letter of recommendation
International25220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12610 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12610 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State25220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12610 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.