The practice of art is a powerful expression of values. An M.F.A. in visual art from UND gives you the tools to define your practice, sharpen your skills and make your mark as an artist.
Why Study Visual Arts at University of North Dakota?
The Master of Fine Arts degree program in Visual Arts is a strongly studio-oriented program that prepares you for professional practice as a working artist, educator or arts administrator.
The curriculum combines hands-on studio experience with comprehensive study in art history, theory and supporting disciplines. Academic seminars promote the exploration of visual expression.
M.F.A. students at UND focus on media including:
- Mixed media art
- Intro to Painting
- Intro to Printmaking
- Metalsmithing: Jewelry and Small Sculpture
- Professional Exhibition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 603 other Masters in Design in United States
- Admission to Approved Status requires a BA or BFA degree with at least 63 semester hours in studio courses plus a minimum of 12 semester hours in art history from a regionally accredited college or equivalent.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75 for all undergraduate work or a GPA of at least 3.0 for the junior and senior years of undergraduate work (based on A= 4.00).
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies’ English Language Proficiency requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
- Image portfolio of twenty (20) clearly identified images representative of the student’s recent work and/or documentation on a USB drive.
International23005 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23005 USD per year during 24 months.
National17254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17254 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11502 USD per year during 24 months.
- Minnesota residents: $14,608.32 USD per year
Living costs for Grand Forks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.