The MSc in Clinical Education programme at University of Aberdeen provides an exploration and analysis of underlying educational theory with its practical application to the design, delivery and evaluation of teaching, assessment and educational leadership and management in the context of the clinical environment.
The programme enables the student to tailor their learning to the role of a clinical educator further developing particular interests with optional modules (e.g., simulation in clinical education) and/or with a Masters research project.
Participants primarily enroll for Postgraduate Certificate (1st Year) then choose to continue through to Postgraduate Diploma (2nd Year) and MSc (3rd year) subject to personal developmental goals.
The Diploma modules are designed to build on the knowledge and skills acquired during the Certificate stage, and to prepare and empower students for a role as an educational manager, leader and scholar through the development and application of advanced skills.
Completion of the Diploma will allow entry to Masters level where students will design, conduct and submit a report on an education research project.
By studying an MSc in Clinical Education at the University of Aberdeen you will have a solid grounding to enhance your role and career for teaching and learning in clinical and related education. You will develop expert knowledge and understanding of education that will enable you to help enhance and advance clinical educational practice.
Graduates of this programme have applied their knowledge and skills to their role as an educator in their existing clinical and academic post. However, many have gone on to develop as educators in a variety of roles such as Lecturers in Medical Education, Clinical Supervisors, and Simulation Faculty.
Many have also gone on to undertake lead roles in academic programmes, clinical post graduate training and conduct healthcare education research in areas as diverse as selection and assessment psychometrics.
Some of the career opportunities include:
- Further study (PhD)
- Clinical academic jobs in university settings, e.g. lecturer, researcher
- Clinical educational roles including those requiring recognition and approval by the General Medical Council such as educational supervisors, and lead roles such as directors of medical education or training programme director.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Core Values of Clinical Educators
- Planning and Design of Clinical Education
- Teaching and Facilitating Learning in Clinical Education
- Principles of Assessment in Clinical Education
- Study Skills for Life
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Health Management View 255 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants will usually possess an honours level degree, usually in a healthcare (e.g. MBChB, nursing or BDS) or healthcare related area (e.g. psychology) and currently be involved in teaching practice to be eligible.
- an up-to-date CV/Resumé
- Degree Certificate
- Degree Transcript
- Personal Statement
International925 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 925 GBP per module and a duration of 36 months.
National925 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 925 GBP per module and a duration of 36 months.
- Fee is charged on a course basis per 15 credits.
- Indicative programme fee - £11,660, calculated on the basis of 60 credits of study per year over 3 years.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.