During this MSc/ PGDip/ PGCert in International Public Policy course from Queen Mary University of London you’ll explore the development, possibilities and limitations of international policy-making, including cooperation issues, the impact of international law and norms, and the role of international organisations and non-state stakeholders in policy-making.
The course combines the specific theories, concepts and cases of public policy with international relations studies to ensure you gain a firm grasp of the decision-making and implementation processes involved in international public policy.
The International Public Policy offers three study options: Master of Science, Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate.
This Masters in International Public Policy is for you if you want to:
- Gain an advanced understanding of the processes behind international public policy-making
- Study flexibly online
- Graduate from a Russell Group university with close links to leading practitioners in UK politics
- Pursue a meaningful career in public policy at an international organisation such as the UN, WHO, IMF, or foreign offices
Graduates from our programmes progress to diverse positions of responsibility in government, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), international organisations and the not-for-profit sector as well as broader roles in the media and finance sector. They also go on to careers in academia and our programmes help students develop the required research skills.
The combination of theoretical understanding, rigorous debate, independent research, self-reflection and critical evaluation make graduates from the School of Politics and International Studies very attractive to a range of prospective employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary World Politics: Theories, Concepts, Themes
- Theories and Concepts in Public Policy
- Evaluation and Delivery in Public Policy
- Themes and Cases in US Foreign Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
- Apply by 18 December to access extra benefits
- Early applicants for May gain access to 'Career-Conscious studying: A virtual Q&A' with Queen Mary Online.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy View 27 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To apply for this course, you should have:
- • A minimum 2:1 degree in politics or a related discipline and/or appropriate professional experience*
- *We may consider applicants with academic and/or professional experience outside this requirement if your experience and motivation demonstrate your ability to complete the programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- MSc: £12,500
- PGDip: £8,400
- PGCert: £4,200
As an MSc International Public Policy student at QMUL, you might be eligible to receive a postgraduate loan.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.