The Engineers for Smart Cities program from Université Côte d'Azur is tailored also to suit government and corporate professionals seeking career development.
The aim of the program is to explore the interdependence of urban systems and how they contribute to improving citizens' quality of life. The program offers a multidisciplinary study experience focused on smart city innovations and business solutions triggered by today's challenges faced by cities and territories:
- the urban revolution (by 2050 70% of the world population will live in cities),
- the digital revolution (the diffusion of ICT in all sectors),
- the climate, energy, economic and social issues imposing a new transition.
- interpret and characterize major urban systems, their development and their interconnection;
- examine the challenges of urban development in relevant case studies;
- analyze and critique the urban environment from theoretical and technical perspectives;
- develop a system perspective in the form of an integrated approach to the solution of complex urban issues;
- evaluate the impact of solutions to specific urban issues in relation to wider interconnected systems;
- assess urban project development proposals and ideas;
- analyze strategic and management issues triggered by the deployment of innovations for digital and sustainable cities.
The European job market related to the management and planning of smart cities has an urgent requirement for executives capable of designing and implementing policies for the integrated management of smart cities and innovative projects. The skills acquired will enable students to work in private and public entities and deploy projects on smart city products and services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Smart and Sustainable City
- Business Challenges
- Smart Mobility
- Urban Design
- Smart Energy
- Urban Resilience
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 75 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The study program is suitable for graduates and experienced practitioners from a wide range of backgrounds with a common interest in smart cities and innovation.
Current participants have diverse academic and professional backgrounds such as engineering, architecture, business administration and environmental sciences.
Basic entry requirements include:
- Qualification equivalent to a 4-year higher education degree in an appropriate subject, or an equivalent overseas qualification;
- standard, or appropriate professional experience;
- English language proficiency equivalent to CEFR B2 level;
- French language proficiency equivalent to CEFR B2 level (preferred).
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.