Master’s degree concentrations available include Rural Health Family Nurse Practitioner, Rural Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, and the Nursing Administration Concentration.
Graduates of the Nursing programme offered by Eastern Kentucky University will have specific competencies related to rural health nursing practice either as a Rural Health Family Nurse Practitioner, Rural Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or as a Nursing Administrator.
Advanced Nursing Practice Outcomes include:
- Demonstrate the synthesis of expert knowledge for advanced nursing practice in diverse populations.
- Evaluate nursing and interprofessional theory and evidence based practice for their contributions to advanced nursing practice and professional role development.
- Provide leadership in the appraisal and improvement of healthcare and healthcare delivery.
- Use systematic methods to design, implement, and evaluate evidence-based advanced nursing practice.
- Participate in organizational and political systems to influence healthcare and healthcare delivery.
- Communicate, collaborate, and consult with clients, nurses, and other professionals to meet healthcare needs of individuals and populations.
- Actively demonstrate the advanced nursing practice role.
- Integrate ethical and legal principles in advanced nursing practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rural Health Family Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Core Courses
- Practicum Courses
- Clinical Requirement
- Rural Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- International applicants are encouraged to apply early to all programs due to time constraints of issuing the I-20.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 316 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program.
- RN license from an approved state that is free and unrestricted, meaning that it has not been subject to reprimand, revocation, probation, suspension, restriction, limitation, disciplinary action, discretionary review/hearing or encumbrance nor had any type of complaint filed against it.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- 3-hour graduate or undergraduate course in statistics with a grade of “C” or higher.
- MSN-FNP and MSN-PMHNP applicants must have at least one year of RN experience by the time their application is submitted.
International662 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 662 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National662 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 662 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.