This Energy for Society from Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen develops Energy Transition Strategists that help communities, municipalities, governments and companies to establish the necessary energy transition. As an energy professional, you will be able to bridge technical, societal and ecological solutions on a local and regional level. You are the negotiator that knows how to operate successfully between the various interests, exploring opportunities and developing scientifically funded solutions.
After successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded the title of 'Master of Science Energy for Society'. There are plenty of job opportunities for graduates, ranging from careers with profit and non-profit organisations. To name a few: a local consultant guiding initiatives for utility companies, a Sustainability Consultant for network administrators, Local Council Policy Officer, Area Director for Energy Transition, Programme Manager for Energy, Community Advisor for local construction- or renovation projects or a freelance consultant for Energy Transition.
- The first semester provides you with insights and an overview of the complexity of energy transition at various levels. You will look at the need for energy transition from a societal, economical and geographical perspective.
- During the semester, you will follow courses like Society In Transition, New Business Models and Energy Technologies and Systems. You will also learn how the behavior of stakeholders in relation to energy transition can be influenced.
- The acquired knowledge and expertise of the first semester is applied to real-life projects, such as how to involve groups of low-income citizens in local energy transition projects.
Check out our website for a complete overview of courses.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement Studies Innovation Management Sustainable Energy View 19 other Masters in Innovation Management in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students with a Bachelor of Economics, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Communication, Bachelor of Social Science, Bachelor of Environmental Science, Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent are eligible to enroll for this programme. Applicants should have a strong interest in the social and societal aspects of energy transition.
- Students holding another Bachelor as mentioned above are also admissible to the master's programme if they can demonstrate that they have social or work experience with the energy transition.
International6816 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6816 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 18 months.
The tuition fee for the first year is €1,084 for EU students. For subsequent years, the annual amount is around €2,168. Check our website for more information.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.