Our MA in Politics offers a broad-ranging, substantive understanding of American politics with an intensive focus on the intersection of politics and political philosophy—its implications, applications, and impact on the national political culture. Working alongside faculty who are experts in the field, you’ll conduct high-quality interdisciplinary research on the most pressing political and governmental issues of our time. The program offers built-in flexibility that enables you to customize your curriculum to fit your goals and interests. Upon graduating, you will join the long line of highly successful program graduates who are making their mark in an impressive range of careers.PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- This MA program offers concentrations in American Politics and Political Philosophy.
- The degree requires completion of nine four-unit courses and a research paper or 12 four-unit courses. Students normally complete coursework in three to four semesters.
- Our graduate Political Science program was ranked No. 2 in the nation among graduate Political Science programs for “faculty responsiveness and support outside of the classroom.
- American Political Development
- The Modern Presidency
- Topics in Ancient Political Philosophy
- Political Behavior
- The Federalist
- Deliberative Democracy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 245 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- $80 Application fee
- Official transcripts (undergraduate/graduate)
- English proficiency exam (international applicants only)
International1980 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1980 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1980 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1980 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1980 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1980 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.