The Urban Conservation course offered at the University of Leicester course has achieved full recognition from by the Institute for Historic Building Conservation, the principal body representing Conservation professionals. The course combines the historical study of cities and conservation practice with an understanding of architecture, material culture and the principles of establishing heritage value to provide a multi-disciplinary grounding in an area of growing significance for planning, tourism and urban policy.
You will develop an understanding of research design and acquire advanced analytical skills which will prepare you to undertake and complete a dissertation on an original topic of your choice.
You will gain practical skills in areas such as project management and scientific practice, ensuring you develop the expertise and knowledge to further your career in urban conservation or to undertake PhD study.
The course has achieved full recognition by the Institute for Historic Building Conservation, the principal body representing Conservation professionals.
Careers and employability
Our MA course will offer you a very strong competitive advantage and career choices and your future salary can be considerably enhanced by postgraduate qualifications.
A postgraduate degree in history provides you with a wide range of skills including:
- critical analysis of textual, visual, and material evidence
- statistical analysis and database design
- advanced written and oral presentation skills
- time management and independent working on a large-scale research project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The City in History
- Architectural History and Structural Engineering from the Ancient World to 2000
- Conservation, Heritage and the Urban Environment
- Conservation in Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHistory Biodiversity & Conservation Urban Planning View 604 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- 2:1 degree in history or another relevant discipline.
- We welcome applicants who do not have a degree but who can show enthusiasm and competence by having attended relevant certificated courses, by submitting published work or by writing qualifying essays to a first degree standard.
International16825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16825 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA8190 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8190 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.