About this Advanced Biomedical Imaging course from University College London (UCL)
Imaging is essential for diagnosis of disease and development of novel treatments. This programme focuses on translational medical imaging, and the development and use of preclinical imaging technologies to detect, monitor and prevent illnesses such as cancer, heart diseases and neurodegeneration.
Students will undertake an independent research-based project in UCL’s world-class laboratories and develop their communication skills in biomedical science.
UCL is involved in the dynamic and successful London-based entrepreneurial activity in biomedical imaging. It has a strong track record in placing postgraduates in key positions within industry (e.g. Siemens, Philips, GE Healthcare, GSK, SMEs and start-ups) and at other leading academic institutions with preclinical imaging facilities, including the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge in the UK, and MIT and NIH in the US.
This MSc will provide ideal training for students who wish to apply to UCL’s EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Medical Imaging.
- Advanced Biomedical Imaging Techniques
- Practical Preclinical Research (including Home Office Personal Licence)
- Translational Biomedical Imaging of Disease and Therapy
- Science Communication for Biomedicine
- Statistical Methods in Research
- Precision Diagnosis for Precision Medicine
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 160 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree in a scientific or medical discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.