The Biosciences programme offered at the University College London (UCL) can act as a gateway into further research in academia or industry.
Students gain knowledge of their chosen specialism through the major research project, alongside basic skills for planning research and the written, verbal and visual communication of science.
The acquisition and critical analysis of primary scientific literature are essential, as is experiencing the multidisciplinary and collaborative nature of bioscience research.
This programme provides an ideal foundation for further doctoral research in the field of biosciences, and we envisage that many of the graduates of this programme will undertake a PhD or enter employment in an advanced capacity in industry or the public sector. Approximately 70% of graduates have obtained a funded PhD position, either at UCL or elsewhere.
- Computational Biology
- Stem Cells and Developmental Biology
- Cell Biology
- Structural Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 162 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree in biomedical sciences, life sciences, or related subject area, or a medical degree (MBBS), or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Applicants with an appropriate professional qualification and relevant work experience may also apply.
International31040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31040 GBP per year during 12 months.
National17270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17270 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.