Students will gain an understanding of the human brain and its disorders from the molecular to systems level that will reflect the interdisciplinary breadth of cutting-edge research in brain sciences conducted at University College London (UCL). Students will gain theoretical and practical knowledge of core personal and professional skills that underpin excellence in research.
This Brain Sciences programme offered at the University College London will prepare students for research careers in academia, industry or business, nationally or internationally.
The programme provides a broad understanding of brain sciences. The aim is to give students the best chance of obtaining a place on a relevant PhD programme. In addition the programme includes taught elements that will enhance employability. Transferable skills include statistical training, communication skills and training in research ethics and governance.
- Introduction to the Brain and Imaging the Brain
- Structure & Function of the Brain
- Introduction to Cognitive Science
- Principles of Cognition
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Receptors and Synaptic Signalling
- Current Research in Dementia
- Neuroscience of Mental Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Health Sciences View 155 other Masters in Neuroscience in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor of Science degree from a UK university in an appropriate scientific discipline (e.g. neuroscience, cognitive science, biological and biomedical science, medicine, anatomy, physiology, psychology, computer science) or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Preference will be given to applicants who have both core knowledge of direct relevance to the MRes programme and relevant expertise and skills in empirical research.
International30690 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30690 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15970 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15970 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.