The Burns, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery programme offered at theUniversity College London (UCL) is designed to provide you with a robust understanding of scientific and clinical research basis.
It will provide the necessary transferable research skills (e.g. laboratory, critical analysis and synthetic) and allow scientists to appreciate the clinical needs and requirements of the patients requiring this speciality.
he core curriculum includes burns, military, and reconstructive plastic surgery, and provides a unique insight into the unmet needs of reconstructive patients, along with research methodologies for clinical and research data analysis skills.
Depending on your choice of optional modules you can either follow a science based route with interdisciplinary subjects such as tissue engineering, biomaterials and the application of stem cells, or you can chose to focus on clinical skills modules such as microsurgery, robotics skills and evidence based systematic reviews.
Establishing a career in surgery is becoming very competitive, and students on this programme benefit from the latest knowledge and experience in this expanding field.
On completion, graduates find they are in a better position to find placements due to the wide exposure they have had to emerging technologies such as 3D printing, regenerative medicine, and speciality plastic surgery.
This MSc also provides you with an excellent foundation for further research either at MD or PhD level or for a career as a clinician or healthcare professional within this surgical speciality.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Burns
- Military Injury and Wound Healing
- Research Methodology
- Surgical Skills: Microsurgery
- Surgical Skills: Robotics
- Stem Cells & their Applications in Surgery
- Applied Tissue Engineering
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Sciences View 944 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- A medical degree (MBBS) or a minimum of a second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a related subject or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard is required. In addition overseas students require the standard level of proficiency in the English language.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National19400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19400 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: 9,700
- International: £16,050
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.