This Biosystems and Food Engineering Masters at University College Dublin will provide graduates from an engineering or mathematical based science background the opportunity to specialise in the application of engineering science and design to biological materials and systems, especially in:
- Food process engineering
- Sustainable energy
- Environmental protection
This is one of Ireland's most important industries and our graduates have excellent prospects finding employment in:• Bioprocess and food companies• Environmental protection and waste recycling companies• Sustainable energy and green technology companies
There are also opportunities to pursue PhD research in UCD and worldwide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioprocess Engineering Principles
- Buildings and Environment
- Air Pollution
- Quantitative Risk Assessment for Human and Animal Health
- Agricultural Mechanisation: Engines and Crop Machinery
- Agricultural Mechanisation: Hydraulics and components
- Unit Operations in Bioprocess Engineering
- Waste Management
- Environmental Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesBiotechnology Food Sciences View 19 other Masters in Biotechnology in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An honours undergraduate degree (NFQ Level 8) with minimum upper second class honours or international equivalence in an engineering degree programme or mathematically-based science subject.
- Students meeting the programme’s academic entry requirements but not the English language requirements, may enter the programme upon successful completion of UCD’s Pre-Sessional or International Pre-Master’s Pathway programmes.
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25600 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8085 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8085 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.