The MA in English online programs function as professional or self-designed MA in English degrees. These degrees are primarily for students who intend the MA to be the terminal degree in preparation for a career such as high school or middle school English teaching, two-year college teaching, freelance or professional writing, or editing and publishing. Three tracks of the MA in English are available fully online.
- Graduate Writing
- Theory and Methods of Literary Criticism
- Teaching of Literature
- Introduction to Linguistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 57 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required. Please visit the program website for additional information.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents. Please visit the program website for additional information.
International18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9339 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5344 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!