These degrees are primarily for students who intend the MA to be the terminal degree in preparation for a career such as high school or middle school English teaching, two-year college teaching, freelance or professional writing, or editing and publishing. Three tracks of the MA in English are available fully online at Bowling Green State University.
Features of our MA in English online programs:
- Earn your entire degree online in a program designed to be taught and learned online.
- Specialize in your areas of interest with faculty who are expert teachers and experts in their fields.
- Our programs are perfect for distance learners from anywhere on the globe. (For local students, some courses can be taken face-to-face if the student chooses.)
- Move at your own pace through your degree program; most students take one or two courses per semester, but up to three per semester is manageable.
- Learn during your available time; courses don’t meet at a specific time of day or on specific days during the week, so they're perfect for those currently working or with otherwise busy schedules.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Phonology
- Thesis and Dissertation
- Rhetoric and Composition Studies
- Creative Writing/Desktop Publishing
- Seminar: “Alternative/Global Westerns”
- Seminar: “Global Middle Ages”
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 83 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Graduate Application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents.
International18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9339 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9339 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5344 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.