Our faculty is made up of scholars whose research and teaching interests focus on a range of approaches to textual analysis such as critical race theory, deconstruction, feminism and gender studies, new historicism, postcolonial studies, psychoanalysis, and queer theory.
We offer seminars in British, American, and Anglophone literatures. Furthermore, the program presents students with numerous opportunities to develop their own research projects, including the MA Thesis, based on their unique interests.
- Our Literary and Textual Studies Master Program at Bowling Green State University makes possible a wide range of career paths. The majority of our students receive funding through assistantships involving teaching in BGSU’s General Studies Writing program, research, department service, or tutoring.
- By becoming actively involved in the department in these ways, taking courses, and composing a thesis, our program prepares students for advanced graduate work in numerous fields of study in the humanities, but also for careers outside of the academy.
- Recent graduates have gone on to excellent PhD programs or to work in publishing, research and analysis, computer storyboarding, as well as K-12 and higher education as teachers, administrators, and support personnel.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Theory and Methods of Literary Criticism
- Teaching of Literature
- Seminar in American Culture Studies
- Seminar in English Studies
- Topics in English Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 523 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Graduate Application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents.
International18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9339 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9339 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5344 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.