The Palliative Care (Distance Learning) programme offered by the University of South Wales is designed for a variety of registered adult healthcare professionals within primary and secondary care. It will contribute to and enhance your abilities to lead and drive clinically-effective care with patients with advanced disease.
You will develop a deeper knowledge and understanding of the issues within palliative care, examining the key legal, clinical, ethical and social issues, and how these translate into practice.
This distance learning course, which combines excellent resources and support from course leaders, allows you to combine both study and professional commitments. You have the option to study one module or a combination all three modules over one to five years.
The Postgraduate Certificate Palliative Care course will enable students to demonstrate clear evidence of ongoing professional development in line with national strategic plans.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Therapeutic Management of Life Limiting Illness in Palliative Care: Assessment and management of complex symptoms
- Nature and Scope of Palliative Care: Specific issues pertinent to the delivery of effective palliative care
- End of Life Care: Role of the professional in the care of an individual at the end of life, including perspectives from the individual and family
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 379 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An Honours degree or equivalent. Applications from individuals with evidence of ongoing professional development will also be considered through the accreditation of prior learning (APL)/ accreditation of prior and experiential learning (APEL) mechanism.
- The course welcomes international applicants and requires an English level of IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International730 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 730 GBP per module and a duration of 60 months.
EU/EEA730 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 730 GBP per module and a duration of 60 months.
Part-time UK and EU: £730 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.